Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Easy Painted Peppermint Plates

Hello Everyone,

Can you believe how fast time is flying? It's not completely crazy over here yet, but I know it will be soon. I've been occupied with writing projects (someone has to pay the elves), and three of the kiddos have been home sick over the past few days. Even though it's been chaotic, I did manage to complete a few very easy Christmas crafts and decorating projects. I hate to call these last-minute Christmas crafts, because that term always makes me panic, but if you're not the type that panics, these would make great last-minute crafts!

My little diva and I put together these cute peppermint plates, which didn't take long at all to complete. I picked up a couple of plain white plates at the thrift store last month, but there are so many cute ideas for painting plates that it took me a while to make up my mind. 


peppermint painted plates

I decided it would be easy to make the plates look like those little red and white peppermint candies that are everywhere at this time of year. Does anyone else get inspired by food? I used a red paint marker and just drew the lines so that they resembled pinwheels. Instead of making all of the stripes completely uniform, I used a combination of wide stripes and some very thin stripes. I also added some more red around the edge of the plates.


painting plates, peppermint design, red paint pen

My little diva helped color the red pinwheels. She absolutely loves to color, so this was an ideal project for her to help with. If you have little helpers at home, they would probably love to work with you. The paint pens weren't messy either, so I didn't have to worry about cleaning up a big mess! Here is the finished project.


peppermint candy painted plates paint pens

I made two plates, and they are meant to be decorative plates only. They look really cute in the china cabinet too. The plates cost less than a dollar each, and I already had the paint pen, so this was a very thrifty craft too. Next time you're at the thrift store or Dollar Store, pick up a few plain plates--you can always find something to do with them!

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit and take a peek at my latest easy craft project. Have a wonderful day!

Dee :)

I party at the following places:

Craft Frenzy FridayFrugal FridayFlaunt It FridayLink Party PaloozaFriday Follow AlongShow and Tell SaturdaySaturday Show and TellThe Chicken ChickAll Things ChristmasTake a Look TuesdaysWow Us WednesdaysWhimsy WednesdaysWow Me WednesdayWhip it up Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. Adorable Dee! Your little helper did a great job...these would be great in a classroom or for a Daisy or Girl Scout project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Having your kids help out is a great time saver and helps get them involved with crafts, as you probably know. Ironically, this is the only one in the family who has not been involved in GS!

      Delete
  2. Super sweet! Pinned and new follow to your social media! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele. They were super easy--my kind of craft. Following your back! Dee :)

      Delete
  3. So festive! Would make a cute plate for delivering cookies or other Christmas goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Now that I've made them, I really wish I would have bought more to hand out as gifts. I'll have to remember this next year. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. Brilliant! What a fun idea. I love crafts that are easy and don't require hours to make. Thanks so much for linking up with Whip it Up Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily. I'm always trying to create easy things, and it helps if you put your kids to work! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love receiving your comments, and I will respond as soon as I can!