Monday, June 30, 2014

Easy Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches

Hi There!

My kids love making ice cream sandwiches, and they really enjoy eating these frozen treats for dessert in the summer. Their favorite version consists of vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two homemade chocolate chip cookies. Okay, so I love it too, but in the summer, I don't want to heat up the house, and I'm not a fan of store-bought chocolate chip cookies. So, the other night, the kids and I made these easy lemon ice cream sandwiches, using lemon snaps from Sprouts and lemon-flavored ice cream, which we mixed up ourselves. 


ice cream sandwiches made from lemon ice cream and lemon cookies

If you're not familiar with Sprouts, it's similar to Whole Foods, and you can find a lot of natural foods and farm-fresh produce. I love their lemon snaps, not only because they taste awesome, but also because they don't have any weird ingredients.

We used our favorite all-natural vanilla ice cream, and I added a few drops of lemon juice to give it just a touch of lemon flavor. This gave the ice cream a nice kick, and it paired really well with the lemon cookies.

small lemon wafer cookies with lemon ice cream between them on a plate

I mixed the ice cream and lemon juice until the consistency was smooth, and then we made mini lemon ice cream sandwiches. I put them into the freezer for an hour or so, and then we had them for dessert. Because it's so warm now, it didn't take long before the ice cream began to melt. But, the yummy sandwiches wouldn't have lasted long anyway -- the kids gobbled these tasty frozen treats up right away! 

These were light enough that even Hubby and I enjoyed them. I don't know about you, but I don't like heavy desserts in the summer. And, the lemony flavor was very refreshing and a nice way to end the meal.

I love quick and easy summertime desserts -- don't you?

Have a great day!

Dee :) 

Sharing At:


Tickle My TastebudsFull Plate ThursdayFoodie FridayI Heart NaptimeBest of the WeekendSay G'DayWeekend Wind DownDIY Sunday ShowcaseInspiration MondayMerry MondayMetamorphosis MondayInspire Me TuesdayThe ScoopTweak It TuesdayTreasure Box TuesdayTwirl and Take a BowYou're Gonna Love ItShow Me What Ya GotWhimsy WednesdayWow Us WednesdayWonderful WednesdayWow Me WednesdayWednesday RoundupCreative SparkThursday Favorite ThingsCook It Craft It Share ItFeathered Nest FridaysWeekend RetreatCraft Frenzy FridayFreedom FridaysParty In Your PJsFoodie FridaysFriday FavoritesTGIF PartyFlaunt It FridayFlaunt It FridayPretty PintasticShowlicious PartyHappiness is HomemadeThe Yuck Stops Here

28 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! Hubby loves just about anything with lemon and I can attest he loves ice cream. I never thought to mix those to loves together, but I will now. brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love anything lemon flavored in the summer, and this was different from the usual chocolate. :)

      Delete
  2. I stopped by for the lemon fix. Sounds delish.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all liked them! Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. What a fabulously yummy idea, Dee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I went out and stocked up on more lemon cookies for the weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Dee,
    We will just love your Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Hope you have had a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Miz Helen -- I'm glad you liked them!

      Delete
  5. Ok, that looks fresh and delicious! I love anything with lemon!! Must give it a try... :-)

    Lory
    Designthusiasm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lory! They really are refreshing and so easy to make. :)

      Delete
  6. This looks delicious - thanks for sharing at the #WWDParty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting the party, Antionette! :)

      Delete
  7. These look scrumptious! Thank you for sharing at Treasure Box Tuesday.
    xoxo
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wanda Ann. I love anything lemony! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my, this looks soooooooo delicious. Thanks for the recipe and thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Marty. I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  9. I could definitely sink my teeth into one - or ten of these little babies! Thanks for linking up at Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. Shared on all social media and featured on my fb page. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much, Carrie! I really appreciate the shares! :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Dee- Love this! Would you share on Friday Favorites going on now! laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmmm I love lemon and ice cream sandwiches... What a great combination.
    I would love for you to share this at my T.G.I.F. Linky Party @ MamasBlogCentral.com
    Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmm I love lemon and cookies… so what's not to love ere! Pinning this for sure!
    Jessica from www.sparklesandglue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessica! I hope you like them as much as we did! :0

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I love almost anything with lemon in it --especially when it's hot. :)

      Delete
  14. Brilliant! Lemon is one of my favorite flavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melissa -- it's one of my favorites too! :)

      Delete
  15. What a fun, quick and easy summer recipe! Pinned and stumbled! Thanks for bringing this to The Yuck Stops Here recipe link party this week! Hope to see you next week. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow do these look good! I may need to make them this weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Spark Link Party. Hope you stop by today and link up again.http://bit.ly/1t2Ohhl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love receiving your comments, and I will respond on the blog as soon as I can! If you need to email me directly, check my About page for my email address.